torsdag 17. mars 2011

The costs of broken legs and arms

Spring is on the way. The temperature during night time is below zero and the temperature during day time is above zero. It results in melting snow in the day time which freezes in the night time  -  and we get very slippery walking conditions.

At a meeting at work today, I got to know that four persons had fallen and are now absent from work. Half the distance between our metro station and our home, is covered by very slippery surface. Why not introduce a routine where walking areas are put sand on so that it is possible to walk without a high risk of falling? It would not cost that much  -  not compared to the costs of all those people who have to stay away from work because of broken legs and arms.

And while I am at it; why is it nearly impossible to get winter shoes in Norway that can help us stay on our feet? A few years ago, I found some shoes that can keep me from falling. But they are too cold to wear during winter! And I did not find them in Norway  -  but in the famous winter wonderland of Denmark....!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar