Isn't it normal to doubt? This and similar questions are sometimes asked by people living in Norway. It is about faith - about believing in God. The Christian religion in Norway has developed in a way that has encouraged people to doubt if God exists. Faith and doubt hand in hand, so to speak.
But isn't it normal to doubt? Yes, it is. You need to be supernatural not to doubt! And that is exactly what it is about. The Bible says in 1st Corinthians chapter 1 and verse 18: For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
It is about believing in Jesus Christ, that He is the Son of God and was sent to the world so that everyone who believes in Him could be saved - and that He took upon Himself the sin of the world on the cross, that He died and rose again from the dead.
In chapter 3 and verse 1 in the gospel of John, Jesus says that unless one is born again, he or she cannot see the kingdom of God. If you are not born again, you cannot see the kingdom of God - and then it is very natural to doubt. But if you believe in Jesus and what He did for you on the cross, you will be given a new spirit (hence: born again). This new spirit opens your eyes so that you can actually see the kingdom of God - and you can believe without any doubt. Not only will you then be able to believe without doubt, you will actually be able to know!
Let me try to give you an example: Let us say that it was a big fire in the building where I was. Just as I had lost hopes to survive the flames, a man came and rescued me. Later, I tell you about what happened. But you are not sure whether or not you believe that there came a man to rescue me. I saw the man who rescued me, so why should I doubt? You did not see him, so you may very well doubt.
I do not doubt. I know that God exists. I know that He sent Jesus Christ to save me and everyone else. I know that Jesus took upon Himself my sins on the cross, that He died and rose again. I know that He is seated at the right hand of God in heaven and that God looks at me as blameless and free of sins as if sins have never existed. Not because I am good or have done good, but because of what Jesus Christ has done for me.
It is normal to doubt. But it requires a new born spirit from God not to doubt. I have gotten the new born spirit. If you have not gotten it yet, you can get it. Accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour; tell Him to come into your life. Then God will give you a new spirit and you are born again.
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar