fredag 24. februar 2012

Love

Do you know that God loves you? Do you really know how much He loves you? He gave His own Son for all people to be saved. Including YOU. Not only for religious people and people who go to church regularily, but for all people. When Jesus was born, the angels came with a message of joy to all people.
 
Have you noticed how religion always seems to concentrate on what you should do or should not do? All the time, you have to achieve something  -  and when you do not manage to achieve that, you feel guilty. Have you noticed that?
 
That is why I do not believe in any religion  -  because I could not manage to achieve what the religion requires. I realized that God did not give me a religion  -  He gave His own Son, a person. Jesus did not come to give people a religion. He did not come to condemn people. But He came to save people. He came to establish relations. Because of what Jesus did about 2000 years ago, I do not have to do what I cannot manage to achieve. By receiving God's gift, by accepting His Son and inviting Jesus into my heart, everything is already done and finished. That is why true Christianity often is called a "done-religion" and not a "do-religion".
 
It does not help how often you go to church, how much or often you pray Our Father or other prayers, how much you try to keep the commandments  -  if you do not believe in Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross on Calvary.
 
It is all about grace. Grace only.
 
How great to be in a church where you are accepted and included whoever you are and wherever you come from. A church for people who are not so familiar with going to church. A church where you learn to love God, to love people and to love life. I am blessed to belong to such a church.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar