You might think that my messages are messages from God via me to you. But the truth is that they primarily are messages from God to me. And if they represent relevant and uplifting teaching for me, I reckon they would also represent relevant and uplifting teaching for you.
Tonight, I laid my eyes on Psalm 5:8-12.
Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; make Your way straight before my face.
Lead me, means to show and to teach.
Show and teach me, Lord, about Your righteousness. Show me that my enemies shall not succeed because I do not depend on my own righteousness, but I depend on Your righteousness. And because it is all about Your righteoussness, You will make Your way straight right in front of me. So that I can see it. Not because I am good enough, but because You are good enough.
For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is destruction; their throat is an open tomb; they flatter with their tongue.
"Their throat is an open tomb". This has a reference to Romans 3:13 where is says: "Their throat is an open tomb or grave. With their tongues they have practiced deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips." An asp is a small and most venomous serpent, the bite of which is fatal unless the bitten part be immediately cut way.
"They flatter with their tongue". Flatter means to divide and separate.
So the enemies have a throat like an open grave. They have destruction in their midst. They have deadly poison and they come to divide and separate and destroy. Therefore, we depend on His righteousness and not our own.
Pronounce them guilty, O God! Let them fall by their own counsels; Cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, for they have rebelled against You.
God, declare my enemies guilty. Let them fall by their own plans. Throw them out in their numerous sins because they have rebelled against You.
But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name be joyful in You.
Let everyone who puts their trust and confide in You to shout of joy without end. Because You protect and cover them. Let everyone who has love for Your name to be joyful in You.
For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favour You will surround him as with a shield.
For You, God, will salute and bless the righteous. Not those who believe they manage with their own righteousness, but those who have received God's righteousness. With delight and pleasure You will surround him with protection as with a big shield.
My enemies have deadly power to destroy me and my family. But when I let God teach me about His righteousness, with great delight and pleasure He surrounds me and protects me as if I were covered by a big shield.
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar