On our way to Haugesund in the western part of Norway yesterday, there was a fatal traffic accident north of Moi which is located south of Stavanger. The driver of the small car was killed in the crash with the big truck. We saw the damage of the truck when we passed it just over an hour afterwards. What a tragedy the day before Christmas Eve. What a sad start of Christmas for his family. I pray for God's comfort and peace for his family and friends and I hope that he had received the free ticket to Heaven.
That is actually what Christmas is all about. God knew that none of us could get rid of the sin in our lives. So He sent His own Son. He did not send His Son Jesus Christ because He considered us to be qualified. No, He sent Him because of grace. Jesus Christ fulfilled everything that we could not accomplish and He conquered the sin, and that way He gave us God's righteousness. It was His unmerited favour. It was a free ticket to eternal life which means that our souls will enter Heaven on the day we die. A free ticket for us because Jesus Christ paid the price.
Many times, I have gotten free offers on Internet and in the mail. I have not used every one of them. I did not consider all of those offers to be important to me. But one offer I have received with gratitude and joy, and I have used it. I did not get it in the mail of by Internet. It was given to me by The Holy Spirit. The gift was: JESUS CHRIST! My saviour who has erased sin from my life and given me a free ticket to Heaven. Because of God's unmerited favour.
I pray that The Holy Spirit will speak to your heart this Christmas time so that you who have not received Jesus Christ yet, will do so.
Be richly blessed and have a wonderful Christmas!
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar