As a Christian, quite many people put me in the religious group of people. But honestly, I gave up the religious life many years ago. I did not manage it. The religious life of trying to keep commandments and do good to make God love me and accept me was very exhausting. In fact, it was too exhausting. It was impossible. Because however much I tried, the more I realized that I failed - again and again.
Then I realized that God's purpose for my life or anybody else's life, was not that we should try to do our best to make God love us, but that we can live our lives knowing that God loves us independant of our own efforts. WOW! What a relief! Knowing that God loves me independant of my own efforts, I can live my life in a relaxed way.
The Bible says in John's 1st letter, chapter 4 and verse 10: "In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the sacrifice for our sins.".
Being religious is exhausting - being a Jesus believer is relaxing.
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar